Monday, August 30, 2010

Walk in the journey of life - 2




Hi,

There is a question I would like to pose for myself and to you all:

When was the last time you did some thing for the first time? What was it?  Be honest and let me know.  This is a question especially for people who are above 40.

You become what you think you are.   If you start thinking that you are old – you become old.  Feeling young or old has a lot to do with your thinking rather than the physical factor.  I know people who are 65 years ‘young’ in age and they behave like a teenager or 25 year person and I also know 25 year ‘old’ people who behave like above 60 years.  What I am trying to tell is that see the sketch attached below, I started in 2001 at Jaisalmer and I completely forgot about it until last week.  I have now completed it last week, while doing so, I traveled back in 2001, became 10 years younger.  I have decided to spend some time on doing things what I love doing and not only for living.  All of us must work for the living – but in the process – we forget to live.

Almost every one would have a camera these days.  Once it gets a little dry (rain), I plan doing a series of photography excursions in the city – exploring Sunday market, early morning vegetable market and flower market – grain market etc.  Would any one want to join?  Do let me know.  We can have a joint exhibition amongst our friends and if there a good response, we also could have it at a city level.  Next year is Ahmedabad’s 500 years, let us know our city better.  Take time out of your busy schedule.  Trust me – it will be a great experience and also you will be doing some thing for the first time.  I will work out program and let you all know.

Please check out the sketch and comment.

See you next week.

Jaisalmer Fort Sketched in 2001 and completed (coloured) now 2010!!! (5'x10")
Sketch completion in progress



9 comments:

  1. Hopefully next week the post should say the venue and the timings for the photoshoot..have fun "dude" (am 22 now and u are 25 :D)
    i loooove the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this really a sketch? too good.i would love to join u in abd darshan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know one thing for sure..its the first time i am commenting on someone blogging ..Hope it is not for the last time..celebrities do blog..And u r no less (C of SIT)..Yr initiative in this direction would help you see the life better and friends will take a leaf out of it..THE SKETCH LOOKS LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH OUT OF THE BOOK...Niketan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally inspiring. I'd love to follow your blog. Looking forward to check out your photographic instillation... :)

    And its GREAT to know that you are channelizing your energy into something constructive and creative! :) GOODLUCK WITH EVERYTHING...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam......great !!!!!!!!!! keep it up and keep posted..........Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. The question can be applicable for people above 20 now... not being cocky, but yes... too much time goes away in doing whats needed to be done and what should be done.

    The sketch is beyond awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sketches are lovely! this one is my favourite :)

    -Akshataa
    (Sharvari's classmate)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't wonder why you took ten years to complete this master piece! I think it was worth the effort. Great work. Most important is that you say the sketch made you 10 years younger!!!would love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please contact Manek Pizza at the earliest.

    ReplyDelete